Sunday, March 11, 2007

Unsure and Afraid

So Tim is not doing so hot.

Last night about 9:30pm he called me from the hospital. He asked me to come meet him there because he wanted to get an evaluation. He was feeling suicidal again and instead of trying anything like he did last time he did as I asked him to do and went to the hospital. The other options I gave him were to call me or come straight over to my house.

When I got there he was staring off into space. He mumbled when he spoke to me and cried. It broke my heart to see him like that. He was so down on himself.

They finally took him back. So I played the waiting game. They called me back at around 11:30pm and it was scary.

He was like a completely different person. He was calm, lucid. He was like his normal every day self.

Long story short he was evaluated and since he seemed better they sent him home with a referral for a psychiatrist. No meds and they didn't even admit him for observation. And he was MAD that they wouldn't admit him.

I got home about a quarter to 1 in the morning, got something to eat and then went to his house to spend the night. He seemed okay this morning.

Now, depression runs in our family. I understand it. All I can do now is just pray to God for the strength to be able to help him through this and give him all the love and support that he needs and is going to need for a long time.

I'm just afraid that what I can offer will not be enough.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn, he's lucky to have you standing by his side. That's what love is. I wish Julia had known. Good luck. :)

Anonymous said...

Gawd, I know how that is. I got to pick up the pieces, after she was raped and stuff, and Julia's parents think she's better off without me. Of course, that's also with them thinking that I'm this horrible monster, based on her own lies and omissions. :(