Thursday, April 12, 2007

When does it go away?

I know I brought this on myself by not getting back together with Tim, but when does the pain and the lonely feelings go away?

When do I start to feel whole again and stop doubting myself?

The worst part is sleeping alone. It never bothered me before but after being serious with someone for five months, sleeping in their bed four or five nights a week...you get used to the human contact.

You get used to having the other person curled up behind you, their arm thrown over you. You get used to them waking in the middle of the night, kissing your shoulder, whispering I love you and pulling you closer.

You get used to waking in the middle of the night and seeing that they rolled away and you roll over to them and do the same in return.

I haven't been sleeping well. I don't know if it's so much that I miss HIM but that I miss the closeness and comfort I felt having him in the bed.

When will that longing go away?

No comments: