Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Yes, I love him too.

I spent the night at Tim's last night. It may seem odd to some people but I find that I actually sleep better when I am laying next to him with his arm thrown over me.

We talked about a lot of things. How he would love for me to have a job that I actually like. (ME TOO!) How he plans on writing a book, and the topic is something I can relate to. He supports me in my dreams as much as I support him.

He told me he loves me. He tells me that all the time but last night...he seemed so adamant about it. He told me he loves me more than he can express in words. He told me that I am the one he wants to be with for the rest of his life. He told me that he's so happy when he's with me and so lonely when I'm gone.

All I could do was lay teary eyed in his arms and nod my head. Because I feel exactly the same way.

I know he's telling me the truth and speaking from his heart. I can hear it in his voice, see it in his eyes, feel it when he holds me.

Yet the ghosts of relationships past whisper in my ear. "You've heard that all before...and it was all lies," is what the evil little voice tells me. So that little shred of doubt remains.

He knows it's there. I know that it probably makes him angry. Yet I explained to him that it has nothing to do with him, that it has to do with the past, and he understands. He reassures me constantly that we are okay and that he loves me. I know it has to frustrate him to know that the doubt lives there in my mind.

The doubt, however, is long gone from my heart.

No comments: